Tuesday, July 7, 2009

English Conversation -Bus Travel

English Conversation
Bus Travel

Reena works at Rama’s store. Reena travels by a Bus to Rama'Store because there is no Rail Service there. She walks at 9AM from hometo take bus from a bus stand near her house and meets another Bus Traveler, a girl called
sudesh.

Sudesh Hello Reena.

Reena Hello. When did the last bus come by from Bus Terminal?

Sudesh Bus from the Bus Station came along about five minutes ago, but I couldn’t get on to it. There was such a frantic rush to get in.

Conductor This bus Service will drop you about a kilometer short of the super Bazar. Shall I give you a Bus ticket for Regal as well?

Reena Yes, please. Here is Five Rupees.

Sudesh Haven’t you been on this bus route before?

Reena No, I’ve only recently taken up this job. For the last week I’ve been
travelling by a bus service which drops me near the plaza cinema.

Conductor Come along please, everybody up infront. Make room at the back of Bus coach..


Conductor Come along please, everybody up infront. Make room at the back of Bus coach..

Reena What is the Bus Timetable. How long does it take to get to the Regal? Do you have Bus map

Sudesh No,I Do not have a Bus Map. At this time of the day, there is a lot of traffic on the roads and I expect it’ll take about forty-five minutes.

Reena Where do you work?

Sudesh I work as a typist at Twentieth century publications. That is not far from where the bus Stop will drop us. What about you? How will you get to your Rama’s store?

Reena Oh, I’ll manage somehow. There are many buses available .I’ll either walk or I’ll hitch a ride. I don’t suppose that a scooter man would go such a short distance.

Sudesh It is getting quite chilly in bus travel these days.

Reena Shall I ask the Bus driver to lower the window? Yes? (To the
Bus Driver. Excuse me, please. Would you mind very much if
we shut this window? My friend here has a cold. Thank you so much.

Sudesh That was kind of you. What is the quarrel going in the bus coach ?

Reena It appears that there is some unpleasantness between a passenger
and the bus conductor. The passenger is offering the bus conductor a
hundred rupee note for bus fare and the conductor hasn’t the change.

Sudesh There is one thing that one must do when travelling by bus service and that
is, keep change handy with you.Every one carries change in metro Rail Service.

Reena Well, the conductor ought to have change, but I suppose one can’t
expect him keep changing hundred rupee notes every now and then.

Sudesh Look, there is an old lady who hasn’t found a seat. I wish these
young healthy boys would get up and offer her a reserved bus seat.

Reena You keep sitting; I’ll let the old lady have my seat. (To the old lady).
Madam, would you care to sit here?

OLD lady Thank you every much, child. I was falling over every time the bus
moved off or came to a stop. Thank you, thank you.

Sudesh Reena come, may be all three of us can squeeze in.

Reena No, don’t bother. I can stand. It is only a short way off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment